A few program highlights from the grant award include:
- Academic Tutoring. Academic Tutoring provides students (all grades) with academic tutoring in core subjects (Math, English, Social Studies and Science) for students.
- 9th Grade Academy: 9GA provides academic support, career and college enrichment and leadership development to a cohort of 9th grade youth designed to help them successfully make the transition to high school.
- Apprenticeships: On the Road Apprenticeships are 11-week experiential classes about different careers led by local professionals. Apprenticeships provide an opportunity for youth to explore future career options in a hands-on way and prepare for their future.
- VOICES: VOICES Club offers students with an opportunity to improve their English, write creatively and grow with their peers.
- University for Parents (UP): UP provides a variety of educational classes for parents and family members of Harrisonburg High School students. The goal of UP is to provide information, support and a network to help you support your high school student and prepare them for college & career.
You can learn more and catch the latest highlights on our website: