We are pleased to announce that On the Road Collaborative was awarded a 21st Century Community Learning Centers grant award for Thomas Harrison Middle School. It is a three year grant (2018-2021) with annual continuation awards.
Several program highlights from the grant award include:
- Academic Tutoring. Academic Tutoring provides students (all grades) with academic tutoring in core subjects (Math, English, Social Studies and Science) for students.
- Career Enrichment: On the Road 10-week Career Enrichment classes are led by local professionals and provide an opportunity for youth to explore future career options in a hands-on way and prepare for their future.
- 8th Grade Academy: 8GA provides academic support, career and college enrichment and leadership development to a cohort of 8th grade youth designed to help them successfully make the transition to high school.
- VOICES Club: VOICES Club offers students with an opportunity to develop their English skills, write creatively, and grow with their peers.
- University for Parents (UP): UP provides a variety of educational classes for parents and family members of Thomas Harrison Middle School students. The goal of UP is to provide information, support and a network to help you support your high school student and prepare them for college & career.
You can learn more and catch the latest highlights on our website: